Fantasy Community - Sweet Lament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Blood, the Last Vampire
David Gemmel EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 12:10 am by Aphrodite

» 01/10/09 - Development / Beta Stage 5
David Gemmel EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 12:08 am by Aphrodite

» Anne Rice writings- The Vampire Chronicles
David Gemmel EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 3:18 pm by Despina

» Animated Foods
David Gemmel EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 2:32 pm by Aphrodite

» LoTR Parody - Prt 1
David Gemmel EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 1:45 am by Despina

» Introduction~
David Gemmel EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 1:28 am by Despina

» David Gemmel
David Gemmel EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 9:57 pm by Darkchild

» Eliza Duskhu Fan Club! lol
David Gemmel EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 3:52 pm by Seisoku

» Hello there!
David Gemmel EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 3:30 pm by Seisoku

Gallery

David Gemmel Empty
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:05 am
Statistics
We have 9 registered users
The newest registered user is clobpay

Our users have posted a total of 67 messages in 28 subjects

David Gemmel

Go down

David Gemmel Empty David Gemmel

Post  Darkchild Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:57 pm

Not too long ago, my friend lent me a book called "Hero in the Shadows". He told me it was good, and so I began reading it a bit before heading to bed. The next day, I believe I couldn't stop reading it until quite late into the night. Hero in the Shadows is just one of David Gemmel's many literary accomplishments. The book is the last that deals with Waylander, a deadly assassin who lives a wealthy, comfortable life that is soon turned upside-down once again by various evils. The story also deals with two newcomers to the story, both Chiatze foreigners. The renown warrior, Kysumu, and the humorously clumsy but aspiring fighter, Yu Yu Liang, both contribute a hefty amount to the storyline, and it was greatly enjoyable reading about them. Waylander himself is ever the dark and brooding character that I imagine him to have been, and his deadly personality is a breather from your typical 'good' main character. Unfortunately, since my friend did not know the book was the end or even part of a series, I must now backtrack to read about how Waylander had come to be. Mad

Another book that I swear I've done the same thing with currently is "White Wolf", also by Gemmel, which deals with his characters Druss and Skilgannon. The only reason that I tolerate myself and my reading these stories backwards is the fact that the first book of Druss was, in fact, written about him when he was somewhat past his prime. The later books surrounding the character, that were sequentially published, pertained to his origins and his life as he became a legend. So if fans of Druss had to endure reading about him chronologically backwards, I suppose I will too. Razz

Be sure to read David Gemmel's works!
Darkchild
Darkchild
Forum Developer

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum